Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back to School is in the Air

Its almost here! For some parents you are eagerly awaiting back to school as the old song goes "Its the most wonderful time of the year" The kids will be back into their routines and sounds of "Are we there yet?" or "I'm bored' will be less and few in between. Others view this time of year as having to get the kids up and going early, swollen faces and tangled hair dragging themselves to brush their teeth or get to the breakfast table. Its time to start picking out clothes daily, making lunches and snacks and doing homework. Oh the Joy!

I both like and dislike back to school, back to school means fall is coming which is my favorite time of the year yet the shortest. I can't wait to go out into my yard, rake up the mountains of leaves then let my daughter jump into it. I can't wait to wear my favorite scarves with just a long sleeve tee, or the smell of a campfire at this time of year. Oh I can't wait, but instead of this being about me and everything I love, lets get back to the purpose of this post.


Fall trends this year are still keeping with the wave of Bohemian chic and peace, a very earthy outdoor feeling, from down filled vests to an edgier boot from last years riding boot.  Sugar skulls are still hot this year amongst the kids with continued pops of colour like hot pink and turquoise, and although we are far from our early 90's alternative trend of plaid being depressing its a little more fitted but its a staple this year in any pre-teen / teenagers wardrobe.  This years trend, is a mixture of grunge with a tad hint of punk and the great outdoors, my daughter actually help put these two styles together so I have it on good authority that they are "Wicked "   Suddenly Kurt Cobain is singing in my head, "Smells like  teen spirit"  to me.

All clothing shown here is  available at Old Navy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments